Sunday 2 October 2016

Art Journal Joy: Mini Art Channel Challenge September Wrap-Up

This week, the last week in my mini art journal challenge, I spent a lot of time with collage. I have always loved collage work and it was wonderful to finally spend some time learning more about it. A daily challenge is a great way to get things done and dive deeper and learn more about products or techniques.

I realized how much there is to learn and I find that very exciting and stimulating. I was surprised to discover my collage style so quickly - that rarely happens. It usually takes me forever to settle on a style. I often jump from one style to another because I want to try everything. I don't know if it's a benefit of a daily practice but I learned that I like to use grids in my collages. That doesn't mean I won't try other things because I am curious but I think you can expect to see more grids.

So, here's a look at the last pages of my mini art journal.

Sept 30_1_2


Sept 30_2


Sept 30_3


Sept 30_4


Sept 30_5


Sept 30_6


Sept 30_7


Sept 30_8


Sept 30_9


Sept 30_10


Sept 30_11


Sept 30_12


Sept 30_13


Sept 30_14


Sept 30_15

So, now what?

Well, I've decided to keep working on the mini art journaling challenge. I've had to move to another book because I have run out of pages in this one and it's time to change things up a little. The size is pretty similar to what I used in September but the pages are better quality. I'll talk about the book I'm using share more of the pages next week.

I want to see what will happen if I extend this challenge beyond 30 days. Will it still be enjoyable or will I burn out? Will I run out of ideas? I won't know until I try.

I will be sharing my progress and art journal pages daily on Instagram. I'm sharing my art journal pages there every day and that's a part of the process too. It keeps my accountable and it's exciting to share what I've made and to see how people react to it. You can find me @cathiereed.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie



No comments:

Post a Comment