Wednesday 3 August 2016

How to Make a Travel Album: Finishing Touches

This week, I am putting the finishing touches on my France travel album. I have all the photos and stories in place and I have added embellishments. I'm not ready to call the album done though because I keep adding things when I flip through it.

Here are some of the pages I've been working on this week. You can see all the fun we had during our 24 hour stay in Paris!


Aug 3_1


Aug 3_3


Aug 3_4


Aug 3_5


Aug 3_6

Below is one of the interactive pages I made using my Fuse Tool by We R Memory Keepers.

Aug 3_7


Aug 3_8


Aug 3_9

This journaling section sets up the story for the next few pictures. Although I did use journaling spots from time to time to add some more details.

Aug 3_10


Aug 3_11


Aug 3_12

Sometimes a photo really doesn't need any journaling.

Aug 3_13

And sometimes it really does!

Aug 3_14


Aug 3_15

The morning after the Adele concert, we went to the Musee D'Orsay. It was absolutely amazing to see Monet and Van Gogh paintings in real life. I would love to go back. I'm so glad that I took pictures of the art so I can remember how it felt to stand there and take it in.


Aug 3_16


Aug 3_17


Aug 3_18

I love embellishments but I don't want to bury the photos and stories under too many. I'm cautiously adding a few at a time because the album is small - only 4x6'- and it has a lot of photos. I may have to save all the pretty supplies for another project. I'm going to give myself another week to add any last finishing touches. I need a deadline or I will pick at it for ages.

Thanks for stopping by today. Come back next week and see my finished album. I can hardly wait to share it all and move on to something new!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment