Friday 10 April 2015

It's All About Glazing

Hello Friends,

Today I'm sharing a page that is all about glazing. Glazing techniques and products have been catching my eye lately. Partly because they are easy to make and use but mainly because I love the look.  Simply mix equal parts glazing medium with color medium and apply to your project to create pages like this...

April 10_1

Oh, the texture...

April 10_2

Lately, I've been favoring the Art Basics Modeling Paste by Finabair for Prima. It's so versatile and has a great consistency. I like to use with stencils and to apply it directly to a page with just a palette knife.

April 10_3

The trick to using modeling pastes with glazes is to make sure your paste is completely dry. Then apply the glaze mixture you created. Let it set for a minute or so and then remove with a baby wipe. As you remove the glaze with your wipe, the color sticks in the paste to reveal the texture. If your modeling paste isn't completely dry, you run the risk of smearing it everywhere when you start removing the glaze. It's not pretty.

April 10_6

But if you wait, you are rewarded with lots of gorgeous texture.

April 10_5

I am absolutely going to keep playing with glazes. Trying new techniques and products is so exciting and fun. I'm looking forward to seeing how I can incorporate them into more of my art journaling. It's something I'm also planning on sharing in my next Art Journal class at The Paperie. Please call the store if you're interested in joining us.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Cathie



No comments:

Post a Comment