Tuesday 21 October 2014

Summer Mini Album: Part 2

Hello Friends!

I'm sharing some more pages from my Summer Mini Album. By this point in the album, my system is established and working fine. I used 3x4 Project Life grid card stamped with the date, 4x4 page protectors and photos and embellishments from my stash.  It was just enough structure to keep me going but plenty of freedom for creative play.

Oct 21_Pic 1

Left: Random staircase along the Seine. You can see a page I made about this staircase, here.

Oct 21_Pic 2

Sam and I were big fans of the farmer's markets and bakeries in France - especially Sam. Each time he left the house, he returned with at least 2 baguettes. It was fun to watch him enjoying himself so much.

Left: Me and Sam outside the bakery on market day. Right: Pics of potatoes and beets, Studio Calico wood veneer geotags and ampersand from Maya Road.

Oct 21_Pic 3

Here's the back side of that page. I took pictures of things that were unique to France but a part of our everyday in France like the Badoit. (sparkling water) and the front page of the newspaper which I snapped when we went to the Monoprix for supplies.

Oct 21_Pic 4

Here's the journaling for our trip to Paris.

Oct 21_Pic 5

We did not have enough time in Paris. The city is just so big with so many people. Even though I'm a country girl through and through, I have to visit Paris again.

Right: My first selfie in Paris.

Oct 21_Pic 6

We made two trips into Paris. The first was to visit the Eiffel Tower. I wanted the boys to see it and stand on it. It was quite the pilgrimmage but we made it.

Left:The Eiffel Tower. Right: Nathaniel (my nephew) and Gabriel in the underground.


Oct 21_Pic 7

The view of Paris from the Eiffel tour...*sigh*

Oct 21_Pic 8

Left: This little sweetie is our niece, Kiersten. Right: Journaling card with our plans for the following week.

Oct 21_Pic 9

It took us a day to recover from Paris. The kids were tired from the all that walking, Michelle and Nathaniel got sick and it rained. We went to the market in the morning and spent the rest of the day napping.

Left: The chipboard flower is from the Market Street collection, Nob Hill, by My Mind's Eye.

Oct 21_Pic 10

Left: Looking out of Michelle's kitchen into the courtyard to find Oliver looking back at me.

Oct 21_Pic 11

While the sick rested, the rest of us went to Chateau Fontainebleau. It's so beautiful there. Later in the afternoon, my brother-in-law dropped me at Chateau Vaux Le Vicomte while he went to the office. It's so surreal that he passes two castles on his way to work. Vaux Le Vicomte did not disappoint. I had a great time toodling around by.my.self and taking pictures of everything.

Oct 21_Pic 13

And that's it for another day. I have one more set of pages to share, so do come back tomorrow and see how we finished our trip.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie




2 comments:

  1. Love the way you've captured your trip. I would like to see the Eiffel Tower one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! I hope you get there too someday. It's worth the trip.

      Delete