Tuesday 9 July 2013

The Paperie July Kit Reveal: FTW

Hello friends!

It's kit reveal day at The Paperie which means you can head on in and pick up July's fabulous kit. I think this is my absolute favorite Paperie kit ever. I can't think of another that I enjoyed more. It has flair from Evalicious, element stickers from Studio Calico, Thickers, washi tape and wonderful wire butterflies from Prima.  And the paper? Well, it's wonderful too.

I think my favorite is this sheet, called Super Hero, from Echo Park's All About A Boy collection.






I know. Awesome, right? And I knew just how to use it.

First I cut the sheet apart. I wanted to give the section under the photo some dimension so I popped it up on a lot of pop dots. Then I stuck the whole thing down on some orange cardstock from my stash.

FTW_closeup 1

Then, I grabbed one of an old Manga comic book from my stash. I picked a couple of these up last year and use them from time to time in my art journaling. A few sheets from one of the books was perfect for this page - you'll see what I mean when you see the photo I chose.

I layered pieces some under the photo.

FTW_closeup 2

And cut things out to collage over the photo.

FTW_closeup4

Then some stickers, flair and journaling...

FTW_closeup 3

And a final page that look like this...

FTW

The title, FTW, means "For the Win". It seemed kind of perfect for this page about my crazy brothers playing with baby Gabriel. He's about 5 months old in this pic. I was hanging onto this pic for just the right inspiration. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

That's it for today but I promise I have lots to share so do stop by tomorrow and throughout the week to see the rest of my design team projects.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment