Monday 25 February 2013

Bash Your Stash Blog Hop

Welcome to the Bash Your Stash Blog Hop. 

The idea of "bashing your stash" is something I've been blogging about for a few months because (like most scrappers) I really have too much stuff in a smallish scrap space. After I purged and donated and recycled a lot a few months ago, I still had some old supplies I just couldn't part with.  Each week, I challenge myself to use these supplies on my layouts and projects. Then I share the results here on my blog on Mondays. 

This week, I decided to make a layout using plaid patterned paper and element stickers from Basic Grey's Oliver collection (2010), some stickers from the Bungle Jungle collection by Sassafras (2009) and some other odds and ends from my desk.

Here's my page...

Moment in Time

I started with the photo of Ben pulling Gabriel's hair. I was trying to get a picture of them together but Ben was in the hair pulling phase and would grab a fistful of hair whenever Gabriel got close. I did help untangle him, of course...eventually...

I started layering the Sassafras stickers and other odds and ends around the photo. The flair badge and the "this was the best" sticker are the newest things on the page. They both came with recent kits.

Moment in Time_closeup 3

Once I had my focal point photo in place, I anchored it with border stickers from the Oliver collection and stuck everything to the page.  I wanted to use up more supplies so I cut the "Growing Up" label from some old patterned paper and added some more Oliver stickers.

Moment in Time_closeup 2

Then I added another cluster to the bottom of the page to balance it out.

Moment in Time_closeup 1

And that's my layout for this week.

So, are you ready for some more fabulous inspiration? Well, get hopping, friend. Next on the list is Deanne.  She has lots of lovely cards on her blog next and I can't wait to see what she has in store. Then keep hopping along the list and see what everyone else has created while bashing their stash.  Here's the entire list of talented ladies...

Cathie Reed (you are here)



Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie





8 comments:

  1. Love that Oliver paper - and I think it's awfully funny that so many of us used Basic Grey paper! Love this LO and the pic is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Guess we've all been holding onto those great BG papers. And thanks - I love that pic, too.

      Delete
  2. Great layout!

    I love tat the red in the corners keeps the balance and the awesome picture in the center takes over on the journey between the two!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April. We're past the hair pulling stage now but the adventures are far from over...

      Delete
  3. ah Cathie... Beautiful, fresh, wonderful boy LO... BG really did/does have some great papers! You rocked the layering too, I must try again! Your boys are sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose! It's fun playing with all those old BG and Sassafras goodies - they were great lines & it feels good to use them again. *sigh* Luckily, there's still lots of good stuff out there.

      Delete
  4. Awesome layout! I love the pops of red! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CoraLee! I used to avoid red but now I love adding little bits to layouts.

      Delete