Thursday 13 December 2012

December Daily: Day One

December Daily is my favorite Ali Edwards project. It's a fascinating process of observing and recording the stories (simple and fantastic) that make the Christmas season so special. For more information about December Daily or Ali Edwards, please visit her website.

Hey Friends,

Here's a quick look at the very beginning of my December Daily. I'm not quite up to date with all my pages. For some, I'm waiting on pictures from my printer and others are just notes and ideas.

My plan going forward is to my post pages (in order) as I get them done.  I'd love to do this everyday from now until the end of December but if I'm going to be honest, that's a tall order.  I'll do my best and we'll see how it goes.

Here's the cover/title page. I love that little twine wreath. I made it myself. (So proud) I've got a little tutorial in the works to share how I made it.

Cover_DD_2012

And here's December 1.  Advent calendars are my favorite way to start my December Daily.

Dec1_DD_2012

This is the format for my December Daily so far - journaling on the left and photos on the right.  I usually write the journaling and then stamp that little dot border.  My journaling blocks get more symmetrical as the month goes on - practice makes perfect and all that! I could have printed journaling blocks but decided to go with the homemade/art journal look that comes with hand stamping.

I adhered the photos directly on the envelope/page and trimmed any excess. There was a little white bit of the envelope showing so I covered it with a bit of washi. Is there any crafty problem washi can't solve? I think not!

So, that's December 1. I promise to post more December Daily updates soon. If you follow me on Twitter (@cathiereed), you'll be the first to know when I do.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


ps: Here is the link to my post about the foundation pages for my album.





No comments:

Post a Comment